Monday, March 20, 2006

The price of losing.

Well, I played baseball on Sunday. I played left field in the first inning, I missed one easy catch, one hard catch and made a hard catch. We lost the first INNING 14-5. I wasn't the only one playing bad, nope, I didn't even stand out... we got hammered. We were playing against dirty cops, they were cheating with the score... it didn't matter. The second inning, I played 3rd base and got to bat, I got two bases and as the next player hit the ball, I hit the dirt as it went straight at my head, I picked myself up and made it to third and then home. The team thought I was done like dinner, but I ducked it and made a run. Third inning, I knocked that bloody ball right out of the infield and into the centre fielders glove, I don't even think he moved his feet. I played Centre field and caught myself watching the remote control planes buzzing above our heads once, no one else caught it though. We lost 19(17) to 10 and did another beer run till the next game, we won... sort of. The games are only 3 innings and after the second inning, they quit because we couldn't see the ball. A dust cloud had blocked out the sun, it was bright red. Last night, I read that the Taiwan government put out a warning because a dust storm in Mongolia and northern China had come to Taiwan in the jet stream and there was a pollution advisory. Whatever, there was no dust storm on the ground, just a haze very high up. We were winning, so we declared ourselves the winners. Me? Well, I made 3 runs, missed 2 balls, dropped one on base and threw one error. I tagged 2 people out and caught 4 balls. After the game, I played catch with a couple of the guys, but the light was bad and we couldn't see the ball.

The cool part: Foreigner baseball, we get to stand in the outfield and sip beer between pitches.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great fun! Breta

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home