Sunday, March 19, 2006

New leaves of spring.

Well, on Saturday, I got pissed at all this pollution that has pretty much come to an "end" and did some Spring Cleaning. It all started with my mess, my DVD collection wasn't fitting under the TV, I had Cosmo magazines in the living room bookshelf and I had old bills laying around and just stuff that shouldn't be. Also, I had bought that vacuum cleaner a few weeks back and haven't tested it out. My room has been collecting laundry and just general dissatisfaction with the whole scheme. My spare room has become my office for my school stuff and the only thing that remains true to it's name is my 'Junk Room'. Well, the junk room is tidy, and my bedroom got a complete overhaul.
I picked up my laundry to find dust bunnies under my closet, then I swept my closet and this lead to cleaning up everything from the floor (fan, air cleaner, stuff). Then before I could vacuum, I had to sweep but it would be pointless without first cleaning off the bookshelves and stuff. So, off the shelves, dresser and appliances, then I put my bed up on 'jacks' (toilet brush tray, Jenga set, bowl and a couple books) so that I could sweep under it. After this, I cleaned my fan blades, lights and then realized that my air conditioner was filthy, so took the filter out into the shower. Then the windows, screens and blinds... did I mention I hate Venetian blinds? First, they never form a complete cover, so there's always cracks of morning evil light; secondly, they are made of translucent material that merely reduces the evil light but makes it impossible to enjoy any sort of view. Well, after about an hour in the shower with both sets of blinds and my trusty toilet scrubber, I tried to put them back up. Both sets are in the garbage, I tried many things and the bloody things were tough to get down, and impossible to get up. I called a friend to help me put them up and she always got distracted and wasn't available when my arms were really sore and I needed the hammer. Well, I pitched them on the floor and now they are waiting to go down to the garbage. The didn't clean up worth crap and Venetians were never suitable to be considered a "blind" as the only thing they do is obscure your view and nothing else.

Now I have to go find blinds that block out the sun, or I have to turn over a new leaf and get up early, yuck!

My room now has a Tatami mat beside the bed and soon will have my Thailand "Axe Pillow" couches. I need to make my room a comfortable place as it has my air conditioner in it. I didn't leave anything out, I vacuumed EVERYWHERE.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a lot of work! Must be great to relax in your shiny new room..Breta

Tuesday, March 21, 2006 9:17:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home