Friday, March 24, 2006

My Personal Review

I asked one of my students' parents what I could be doing better as a teacher. I teach her 5 year old daughter for 10 hours a week, and her 7 year old son for 4 hours a week. I have had coffee with her a couple times and she has tried to teach me the Chinese Phonetic alphabet (Bu-Pa-Mu-Fa) so I think we are good "friends" with a comfortable relationship. I occasionally eat lunch with their family on my lunch break at the corner food stand.

Anyways, I wanted to know what I could improve on and she just sent me an email:

"Colin is a responsible teacher.
He has friendly and philanthropy.
He is a good man
Kitty's father
Jacky"

What kind of English teacher doesn't know what 'philanthropy' is? Would this be a back-handed self evaluating compliment? Still, a very nice compliment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home