Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"It's Shake n' Wake, and I Felt!"

Well, I messed up setting my new fancy alarm clock last night. I needed something with a little more oomph, to get me up in the mornings (all a part of my 'blindless' "New Leaf"). So, as I'm sleeping in bed at 5:00AM, my new 'Earth-Shaker' alarm goes off... oops, I must have set the time wrong or something.

This alarm is so cool, it has a progressive wake up feature. It starts by shaking your belly 'like a bowl full o' jelly', then it shakes the bed, and then your room, your apartment, your building, city and then finally... the whole bloody country. Yep, "Earthquake-awake," as I like to call it. I woke to my tummy moving (sad, I know) and then my bed, and then I placed my hand firmly on the concrete/tiled floor and yep, it was moving, too. For about a minute, until someone must have hit the "snooze." I went back to sleep.

The government's website hasn't said anything yet, but 3 of my students told me that their parents had told them about a quake last night, confirms that I may be crazy, but not delusional.

Also, my "Seisma-Jenga-ometer" registered a 1 of a possible 2 on the Jenga-Reichter scale. A '0' level means the precariously stacked Jenga block set is still precariously stacked on the floor in the junk room.
A level 1 means that the Jenga blocks toppled onto the apartment floor, a level 2 means that the upstairs floor toppled onto the Jenga blocks... level two is bad.

Other than that, it wasn't very exciting, I didn't even bother to get out of bed. Most people at work didn't even wake up.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Seisma-Jenga-ometer is very innovative, you should patent that idea.
Reg

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:08:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home