Friday, March 24, 2006

Friday is late!

Well, all I have to say, is that Friday is a day late by my books and Monday will probably show up about 3 days early... like usual. Can't they ever switch? The people at work have confirmed my "Tardy Friday/ Eager Monday" theory, especially Andy, I guess it's been a long week for him also.

While snooping around on the net, I found this, and seeing as I could not have written it much better, I'll just post someone else's work:

*******************************************************************
The top 5 reasons living in Kaohsiung is key:

5. Telemarketers hang up on ME when I answer the phone
4. There are food stands open pretty much 24H
3. Every day is 25 degrees or over (this time of year)
2. The beach is only 2 hrs away
1. Telemarketers hang up on me when I answer the phone
*******************************************************************

Cooh, huh? I can clarify this a little though.
The "beach" is a whole bloody resort, complete with fresh air (Kenting), there is a decent beach in the city, but it's not a resort and never will be.

And yes, telemarketers DO call me sometimes, and yes, they hang up. Next time they call you, answer the phone in Chinese... "Wei? Ni Hao! Hao Joe Bu Jian!."

Plans for this weekend are still in the works, when I say, "in the works," I mean, "I have no bloody clue where to start."

Maybe I can go to Taipei, but Taipei is ALWAYS raining and I can't drive a motorbike there (there is a subway system, but they won't let me drive the train, either). I could go to TaiJung and see two women I haven't seen for a long time. I have two friends that moved up there that are two of the nicest girls I know... it's close to Taipei and is also probably raining. Yep, just checked, thunderstorms. Looks like staying here or going to Kenting or TaiDong to soak some partly cloudy up on the beach. I think a drive in the mountains is out as it might rain, I hate getting drenched on a bike. Last time Jenn and I went in the rain, our feet were under water some of the time as the road dipped too low, though it was warm and exciting, motorcycles were built for good weather.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have you ever had your bike flood?

Friday, March 24, 2006 4:22:00 AM  
Blogger Colin said...

It's sputtered and stuff and quit, but I had it started again within about a half second. The water has washed over the foot pegs for me and my passenger once. I was in the mountains during a Typhoon on my way home and I still had about another hour of driving before home. That was about a year ago and no problems yet.

Friday, March 24, 2006 11:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home