Sunday, March 26, 2006

Candy returns.

Well, I was wrong about the weather, it was beautiful today. I went for a short drive south of the city, then to Costco for some junk. I bought a bunch of crap and had to be inventive with my packing techniques (motorcycle, remember?). I bungied my 6 Liter jug of Cheer detergent to the backrest, my salmon burgers, huge block of cheese, cheese smokies and my box of Bistro ham and cheese pockets in one saddle bag, my family bag of Dorito's and some other crap in the other saddle bag, my scones...mmm.... scones balancing on my gas tank in front of me and my extra helmet dangling from the backrest oh. Dropped her off with her cookies and went out to meet up with Candy for dinner.

Candy's cell used to have music for a ringer sound, but the music stopped and she never answered her phone... she SEEMED to have a great time when we went to the park for the concert, but now, for two weeks, no answer. I figured something was wrong and as the only contacts I knew of her were her apartment building (probably 300 people there), could play Doorbell Roulette, her cell phone... not working, and her work. I stopped by her work this morning and she came running out and gave me a big hug, not a bad sign. Anyways, she had lost her phone somewhere, and with it, her numbers. I should back up my numbers again. So, we met up tonight for some coffee and she invited a couple friends. Candy doesn't speak English, but I manage to slug through Chinese, her friends don't speak English either... talk about Chinese immersion. I did ok and had a great time... although one more hour and I would have stuck a pencil through my ears, 3 hours was enough. Anyways, I'll see Candy tomorrow after 4:30 maybe when she's done work. I need to figure out what to do with her tomorrow... any ideas? ...other than the "dinner and a movie" routine. Maybe there's some live music tomorrow somewhere.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

How about a picnic in that lovely park near the fancy hotel? Breta

Monday, March 27, 2006 12:09:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home