Sunday, December 28, 2008

Merry Christmas?

Merry Christmas!

My Christmas was fairly good... considering I'm so far away from home. On Saturday the 20th, my cousin, Reg, and I got to play Santa at my kindergarten and had about 400 kids come sit on our laps. It was fun and we got paid. Then Candy and I went out to a friends bar where he invited us for a Christmas party at his bar with free dinner... just for his friends. I got totally screwed on my gift exchange... I am not the proud owner of .46tons of carbon credits. Yep, someone donated money to a program that takes carbon out of the air to help clean the earth... even though no successful machine has been successfully used today for this (aside from research). Do you know that Al Gore owns one of the biggest carbon tax programs in the world? Could this be why he made that movie An Inconvenient Truth? Anyways, it kind of a sham, like those save the African Children funds where only a few percent of the money gets there. They invest in "green" projects to offset carbon... right.
The next day, we went to Jay and Bear's house and decorated the tree with Xmas stuff and... guns, a guitar, a viking helmet and all of the traditional Xmas stuff.

Christmas? Well, I BOOKED the day off work but I never want to work on Christmas or my birthday, and I worked on my birthday this year... I think. So, we went to Lighthouse bar for some Turkey, Pumpkin soup, Stuffing, potatoes and apple pie and ice cream.

Gifts were few this year, Candy gave me some bedside lamps that turn on by flicking their little... well you know whats. I bought her a two week trip to the Philippines to Cebu. My parents and sister got me some money for my xbox account where I can buy games or rent movies without even leaving the sofa and they stream live so I can watch whatever I want on a whim, it's instant (love Netflix). My parents also got my girlfriend, Candy, a bicycle and the city just put went from 12km of bike trail to 150kms in less than a year... I should have bought a bicycle shop when I had a chance. With the new subway and new bus system and bullet train, you can take your folding bike almost anywhere. A few other small presents among friends.

My absolute worst present by far, is that I lost my playground. My back balcony overlooks the city, but the tallest building for about a kilometer is 4 stories tall... actually, I think they're all about 4 stories, so when my apartment sith on the 10th floor, I virtually have total privacy in the middle of the big city. I shoot my bb guns at the little water towers on the houses (rubber bullets) and shoot thousands of bottle rockets into the skies. As well as just sit out there in the sun. The last 6 months has brought lots of construction out there and I've been shooting my bbs and rockets over this new place. Well, they opened the new 12 story building the day before Christmas... I would like to welcome Kaohsiung's newest police station to my back door.

That pretty much ends my "Attack on Iwo Jima reinactments." Yes, Kaohsiung was built by the Japanese when it occupied Taiwan for the war, all the streets are in a perfect grid... Taipei's are all built to where people tended to walk, creating twisty and difficult layouts.

My Christmas gift to myself, is a new computer! Mine's busted, it won't load Windows and other stuff has slowly stopped working. This is why I haven't been posting... well... it's the best excuse I can think of but probably has nothing to do with me not posting.

Colin.

Mery Christmas.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope your New Year is even happier!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009 11:50:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

Saturday, November 14, 2009 9:42:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home